Anticoagulant rodenticide intoxication

image of Anticoagulant rodenticide intoxication
Online Access: £ 25.00 + VAT
BSAVA Library Pass Buy a pass


Rodenticides are one of the most common pesticide ingested by companion animals, with dogs being poisoned more commonly than cats. This chapter looks at role of vitamin K in haemostasis; anticoagulant rodenticides; exposure and clinical signs; diagnosis; management and prognosis.

Preview this chapter:
Loading full text...

Full text loading...



Image of 29.1
29.1 Inter-relationship of the vitamin K recycling enzymatic pathway and anticoagulant rodenticides.
Image of 29.2
29.2 Right lateral abdominal radiographic view of a medium-breed dog with haemoretroperitoneum.
Image of 29.3
29.3 Left lateral thoracic radiographic view of a small-breed dog with haemothorax and an alveolar pattern (haemorrhage) in the right cranial lung lobe, cranial aspect of the left cranial lung lobe, the right middle lobe and the accessory lung lobe caused by rodenticide-induced coagulopathy. Ventrodorsal thoracic radiographic view of a small-breed dog with haemothorax, lung consolidation and widening of the cranial mediastinum associated with rodenticide-induced coagulopathy.
Image of 29.4
29.4 Ventrodorsal thoracic radiographic view of a medium-breed dog with haemopericardium.
Image of 29.5
29.5 Green vomitus after ingestion of rodenticide and induction of emesis.
Image of 29.8
29.8 Administration of activated charcoal in food.
This is a required field
Please enter a valid email address
Approval was a Success
Invalid data
An Error Occurred
Approval was partially successful, following selected items could not be processed due to error